Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Intermezzo: TL?

I saw OsaridSaris wondering whether we should try blindfolded Teamleague again, so I'll add this extra post in case you want to share some opinions on it. Here's mine:
I'd still be glad to blend in with the regular guys, not necessarily teaming up with other blind accounts even. It'd be quite a disadvantage like this, so I don't really see how that'd be bothering others (but I feel somehow it does).
Also I think going for a complete blindfolded section is definitally too early. There's simply not enough people that want to make this kind of commitment at this point and others are not even able or allowed (I do agree with the 20 games minimum of the TL guys). And honestly, even 3 teams will in my opinion not suffise for any decent competition.
Apart from that I should also mention I will probably not compete in any TL for a while, blindfolded or not. I do however intend to run more tournaments like this one, after a break of a couple of months. More updates will follow on this blog, I'd say BB #2 will start Friday Oct 8 for now.

5 comments:

  1. My opinion is that, gotta start somewhere, and it's unlikely that 3 or 4 blindfold teams will spring from the aether. 2 teams, even though it only provides a single round, also provides delicious exposure to the concept so that the next time around it could be 3 or 4 teams, then maybe even more :)

    As a historical note, for the last league the blindfold section was approved for as few as 2 teams. Unfortunately in the end only my team submitted :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with drinkeh in that
    1) playing blindfoldedly in teamleague among all the "normal" accounts would be fun, but the league admins do not seem to like the idea.
    2) we will not get enough "clean blind" teams for a nice blindfold section. and fics is restricting the number of (B) accounts. there are currently ca 100 (B)s, many of them inactive. go check "=blind" on your console - finger them, it's a tomb.

    i think we are having a nice little tourney here, it suits our needs very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in addition, those blind players that aren't inactive will probably only want to play in one non-blind section. Or the rating variation will be too much. For example, among MFO-ers, only myself, gile, and SamuraiGoroh have blind accounts, but at least the last two of us aren't at a decent level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nevertheless, good to always try, thus creating the interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, today is the deadline for team submission so, looks like we'll need to bring it up again for rediscussion for T44

    ReplyDelete